Wednesday 22 May 2013

Recipe: Courgette & Mushroom Frittata - 160 calories per portion

Eggs are fabulous. Packed full of protein, they can form a great base for a meal.

I generally use whole eggs when I'm making a meal with them, but on a fast day when I'm trying to keep things super low calorie, I'll often substitute one or two whole eggs for egg-white only. By doing this tonight, I had a yummy dinner for a completely bargainous 160 calories!

Courgette & Mushroom Frittata (makes one generous portion)

Ingredients:

125g closed cup mushrooms
100g courgette
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
Splash skimmed milk
Salt Chilli & Garlic grinder
1-cal olive oil spray

Method:

Clean and slice the mushrooms and courgette, then fry in a pan in a few sprays of oil


Meanwhile lightly beat the egg & egg whites together in a bowl with a splash of milk. 


When the veggies are lovely and golden, combine with the egg mixture and season well with the grinder. Tip into a small ovenproof dish...


... then pop into a preheated oven at about 180*C for about 10-15 mins or until it's set and golden on top


Try to resist scoffing straight away, or else you *will* burn your mouth!

Nutritional Info per serving:

Calories: 160
Fat: 7g
Carbs: 5g
Protein: 18g
Sugar: 4g

Optional Extras:

This is a *super* low calorie version, so if you can afford a few extra, I reckon this would be delicious with a bit of grated cheese stirred through the egg mix, and maybe also a bit of chopped up ham or gammon too. If I was making it again I'd probably fry up some onion with the other veggies too.

If you try it, let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment